Apply to our Programme
To be eligible for admission to the Master's Programme in Asian Studies you must have a Bachelor’s degree (a Swedish Kandidatexamen) in the social sciences or humanities and oral and written language proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B.
When to apply
Application opens: 17 October 2022
Application deadline: 16 January 2023
Notification of results: 30 March 2023
Our programme on the application website
Direct link to our programme in the University Admissions in Sweden website (link only active during the application round)
How to apply
Find us on YouTube
After completing your online application you need to either scan and upload your supporting documents or send them to VHS (University Studies in Sweden).
Please note that not all academic documents can be uploaded. Be sure to read the qualification information specific to your country carefully. NO documents should be sent to Lund University unless something else is stated on the programme webpage.
In addition to the online application and the required documentation stated on the University Admissions website you must also submit the following documents:
The statement plays an important role in our admission process. It enables us to see whether you have the right background, interests and motivations needed for this programme. Download the form above, fill it out and submit it with your application. We will consider your answers carefully in our admission process.
If you are having problems downloading or filling in the PDF you can instead answer the questions below in a separate document. Please make sure that you name the document "statement of purpose" and note that there is a 1400-character limit for each question (including spaces).
- Why are you interested in Asian studies and in applying to this programme?
- What in particular in the programme (courses, focus, set-up) has sparked your interest and why?
- What are your relevant academic background and strengths for this programme?
- Are there any other qualifications you wish to draw to our attention for this programme, e.g. work experience or extracurricular activities?
- How do you expect to benefit from the master's programme? What are your career ambitions upon graduating from the programme?
The CV and Statement of Purpose should both be uploaded to the www.universityadmissions.se website.
Selection of students is based on previous academic achievements and other criteria in the following order:
- Grades on courses and, if applicable, thesis in the BA degree.
- English language level.
- Documented knowledge of and/or interest in the field of Asian studies and Statement of Purpose.
- Non-academic knowledge and/or work experience of relevance to Asian studies.