Study Asia in Lund!
Masters Programme in Asian Studies
We offer a unique programme in Asian Studies. The programme is interdisciplinary and aims to provide you with an advanced knowledge on contemporary issues in East and South-East Asia so that you will have the knowledge and concrete skills necessary to understand and assess social, cultural, economic and political developments in the region. The programme permits you to specialise based on your regional, thematic, and disciplinary focus and to critically examine and discuss issues within the field of East and South-East Asia.
You choose to focus on a country or a region in East and South-East Asia, but also read courses that are more general and deal with cross-regional issues. During the fourth semester you will have the possibility to travel to Asia to carry out fieldwork and collect material for your master thesis.
We also offer a number of free-standing courses, on bachelor level as well as master level. Click on the course names to find out more about each course.
Bachelor's level courses
- The International Relations of East Asia - From the Pacific War to the Rise of China (7,5 credits)
- Contemporary Japanese Society (7,5 credits)
- Kina idag - Politisk utveckling, samhällsfrågor och globalt inflytande (7,5 credits) (in Swedish)
Master's level courses:
- East and South-East Asia’s Role in the Global Economy (7,5 credits)
- Human Rights in East and South-East Asia (7,5 credits)
- Development Theories and Issues in East and South-East Asia (7,5 credits)
- Digital East and South-East Asia: Cultural, Social and Political Transformations (7,5 credits)
- Social Justice and Equality in East and South-East Asia (7,5 credits)
- East and South-East Asia in Global and Regional Politics (7,5 credits)
If you have any questions, please contact
International Liaison Officer
Phone: +46 46 222 3861
E-mail: nina [dot] brand [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se
Dr. Sidsel Hansson
Student and study coordinator
Phone: +46 46 222 0595
E-mail: sidsel [dot] hansson [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se