There are two sets of requirements you must fulfil to enable a successful application for a Masters Programme at Lund University:
- Basic requirements - English proficiency and a university degree
- Specific requirements - specific entry requirements stipulated by a university and/or department.
1. Basic requirements
All students applying to Lund University for Master's Programmes taught in English, must have as a minimum:
- Completed university studies equivalent to a Swedish B.A/BSc
- Proficiency in English
If your first language is English you prove your knowledge with a higher secondary education certificate which includes English. English language proficiency can also be demonstrated by for example IELTS, TOEFL etc.
For more information on the English requirements as well as information regarding exemptions, please visit the universityadmissions.se web site.
For more information on the basic requirements please see the link below
2. Specific Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Master's Programme in Asian Studies you must have a Bachelor’s degree (a Swedish Kandidatexamen) in the social sciences, economics, law or social science oriented disciplines in humanities from a recognised institution of higher education.
Additional required documents
In order for us to be able to assess your application we also need you to send us the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (in English).
- Statement of purpose (in English) explaining why you want to take the programme in relation to your previous academic and/or working experience as well as future career plans. Please also specify your special interests in terms of geographic area and thematic focus (minimum 500 words, maximum 1000 words).
- One letter of recommendation from for example a teacher, supervisor or employer.
How to submit the additional required documents
The CV and Statment of Purpose should uploaded to the universityadmissions.se web site.
The Letter of Recommendation can be sent by e-mail to nina [dot] brand [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se (Nina Brand) if sent directly by the referee, or by regular mail in a sealed envelope to the following address:
Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies
Att: Nina Brand
P.O Box 118
SE- 221 00 Lund
Selection of students is based on previous academic achievements and other criteria in the following order:
- Grades on courses and, if applicable, thesis in the BA degree.
- English language level.
- Documented knowledge of and/or interest in the field of Asian studies and Statement of Purpose.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Non-academic knowledge and/or work experience of relevance to Asian studies.
If you have any questions, please contact
International Liaison Officer
Phone: +46 46 222 3861
E-mail: nina [dot] brand [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se
Associate Prof. Monica Lindberg Falk
Director of Studies
Phone: +46 46 222 3744
E-mail: monica [dot] lindberg_falk [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se
useful contact information
Lund University Admission Office
lant [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 9300
General information about studies at Lund University
degreestudies [at] lu [dot] se