Applications are made online in English. You need to fill in personal data, previous studies, choice of university, etc. Follow the application guide in the PDF below. Please note that an incomplete application will not be considered.
The application must include the following attachments, written in English (see instructions for attachments below)
(maximum two A4 pages)
- Introduce yourself
- Explain why you want to study abroad and if you have any previous experiences from studying abroad
- Explain how your studies can benefit from the exchange studies
- Explain how the courses you have chosen are relevant for your thesis work
Please note that you need a separate motivation letter for each university you apply for.
(maximum two A4 pages)
Fill in the Study plan showing which courses you would like to study. You must write a separate study plan for each university you are applying for. It is very important that you fill this study plan in as accurately as you can so that we can see that you have found courses that fit your education and that can be credited when you return.
Please note that the study plan is preliminary and, should you be nominated, your courses will likely change during the exchange university’s application process.
It can be difficult to find course codes and the exact department/faculty offering the course, but you should do your best. What is most important is that you find courses which could be of interest to you, from which you can transfer credits on your return to Lund. You can often find direct links to the websites of the partner universities in the list of the universities to which you can apply.
Remember that this application is addressed to Lund University. If you are nominated, you will make a new application to the host university.
If you have studied at another university, you must attach a copy of your official transcript of records from that university. You do not however need to attach transcripts from your current studies at Lund University.
How to apply
- Select Lund University from the drop-down list
- Select "SWAMID" and log in with your StiL identity
- Click on "Advanced search"
- In the drop-down list under "Application period” select: Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies. Click on "Search"
- All universities that are part of the application will appear
- To make your application, follow the guide below from page 6 onwards
Application guide (PDF, 3,2 MB, new tab)
Selection and ranking
Selection and ranking of the applications are performed by the Education Committee at the Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies
The selection process is made in the following steps:
- All submitted documents are evaluated by the Education Committee.
- The Director of Studies may call short-listed students for an interview
Ranking is based on an overall assessment of the submitted documents.
If you are selected
After approximately four to six weeks you will be notified whether you have been nominated or not. The notification will be sent out via e-mail. Please note that if you are nominated you have to accept your nomination within the time limit specified in your letter of nomination.
At the end of January/beginning of February your coordinator at external relations will contact you.
Please also note that the host university makes the final decision on admission.
If you have any questions, please contact
International Liaison Officer
Phone: +46 46 222 3861
E-mail: nina [dot] brand [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se