Lund University is ranked as one of the top twenty universities in Europe for student exchange. Our partner universities are top-100 universities across the globe.
These pages (see menu to the right) hold all information you need in order to apply for exchange studies through the Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies
To go abroad as an exchange student means that you are studying at one of Lund University's partner universities for one semester of your training, a partner university is a university that Lund University has a cooperation and exchange agreements with.
As a student on the Masters Programme in Asian Studies you can go abroad as an exchange student during the third semester of the masters programme. Your studies abroad as an exchange student can be credited in your exam and does not prolong the total study length.
In order to be awarded a place by the Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies you must meet the following general application requirements:
- You must be an active student and registered for full-time studies at Lund University at the time of application.
- You must have studied two terms full-time studies at master (second cycle) level at Lund University at the time of the mobility period.
- You must have completed at least 45 credits (ECTS) on master (second cycle) level upon departure.
- You must possess sufficient language skills to be able to receive instruction and perform examination of the language of instruction at the host university.
- Your planned studies should be within the social sciences unless otherwise authorized by the Director of Studies at the Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies.
- Your courses at the host university should be equivalent to full-time studies at master/graduate/post-graduate level (equivalent to master (second cycle) level at Lund University).
Where can I go?
As a student on the Masters Programme in Asian Studies you can apply for exchange studies at the following universities for the fall semester 2021. We can offer one place at each of these universities. Please note that the universities we can offer places at may vary year from year.
If you have any questions, please contact
International Liaison Officer
Phone: +46 46 222 3861
E-mail: nina [dot] brand [at] ace [dot] lu [dot] se