Starting date 1 October 2020, or by agreement.
The person employed is expected to work independently but should also cooperate with other researchers at the Centre. The postdoctoral fellow should participate in, and contribute to, the research environment through active participation in research seminars and other research-related activities, contribute with their own research, as well as contribute to the general development of the research environment in East and South-East Asian Studies. The postdoctoral fellow is expected to take part in organising workshops, be in charge of seminars, and contribute to the development of research applications. The postdoctoral fellow is also expected to take part in teaching at the undergraduate and master’s levels. These tasks require the postdoctoral fellow to have a high level of presence at the workplace
Teaching, supervision and other administrative duties comprise a maximum of 20% of the position.
The candidate must have been awarded a Ph.D. or an international degree deemed equivalent not more than three years before the application deadline. If the degree was awarded earlier, the candidate must provide certificates of parental leave, illness or similar reasons for leave in the application.
The candidate needs to have written a Ph.D. thesis with a focus on contemporary society in China, Japan, and/or Korea. Very good and documented knowledge of English is required as well as relevant knowledge in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, depending on the research project.
The grounds for assessment are a good ability to develop and conduct high-quality research, and teaching skills. The main criterion for a postdoctoral fellowship is research expertise. In all other respects, the assessment will be based on the requirements specified for the post. As documentation for the assessment of qualifications, applicants are to submit a project plan of the research they intend to carry out during their appointment.
Only applicants whose research plan and previous work could strengthen the research team will be considered for the position of postdoc.
Special additional qualifications, in order of priority:
- previous research and/or a project plan related to the prioritized research areas of the Centre for East and South-East Asian Studies, in particular domestic politics and social issues, civil society, sustainable development, digital developments, and popular culture,
- experience of arranging seminars and different public events.
The application must include:
- A signed complete CV and attested copy of the Ph.D. degree.
- A list of publications (including DOI, ISBN or ISSN numbers).
- A signed plan of no more than 1500 words (not including list of references) of theresearch project the candidate intends to pursue during the fellowship.
*with signature, name in block letters and telephone number of two people who have no conflicts of interest with the applicant and who can confirm that the copy corresponds with the original.
The research plan is to contain a description of:
- Aim and research question.
- Theory and method.
- Relation to the international research front including the most important internationalwork in the field of research.
- Schedule and expected results.
- The applicant’s qualifications and competence to conduct the project.
NB! The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions above, that all documents are scanned (as a single PDF file) and that the file has reached the University through the e-recruitment portal no later than the application deadline.
Application deadline: 10 August 2020 11:59 PM CET
For further information and log-in to the application system see here (new window)